Ken’s Gardens Celebrating 50th Anniversary!
By Jack Vale | Happy Writers, Co.
It has already been 50 years since brothers-in-law Ken Lapp and Norman Glick started growing plants to sell at farmer’s markets in Intercourse, PA!
Since we started selling plants, Ken’s Gardens has opened locations in Intercourse and Smoketown, PA. These garden centers have remained popular ever since, serving green-fingered customers in our year-round greenhouses.
Since 2004, Ken and Norman’s children have taken over Ken’s Gardens, with 2022 marking a time for huge anniversary celebrations.
What do we have in store for our 50th anniversary celebrations?
We are going to be running celebratory events through the week of June 13th (Monday) – June 18th (Saturday)!
From Monday to Thursday, gardeners will be able to enjoy a variety of discounts on different kinds of shrubs, houseplants and other goods. We will also be hosting presentations at the garden center from the likes of Tyler Deiter and Belmont Landscaping. Join us for interactive demonstrations on how to take cuttings and host a plant swap!
Grand Finale: Friday 17th & Saturday 18th June!
Following a week of discounts, demonstrations and other educational activities, Ken’s Gardens will be hosting a Grand Finale at the end of the week!
Here are some of the activities you might find at Ken’s Gardens on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th June:
- Food trucks. Enjoy some of the best freshly-made local snacks!
- Guided tours. Have you been visiting Ken’s Gardens for years? Don’t miss the chance to attend a walking tour of our greenhouse and garden center, learning more about our history.
- Live music. Don’t miss our planned concert in the shrub yard!
- Games and kids’ activities. Keep an eye out for more details on the interactive games and activities we will provide for kids.
- Larry the Beekeeper. Learn all about bee-friendly gardening tips.
We will be releasing more details about plans for our 50th anniversary celebrations in due course. Keep your eyes peeled for confirmation!
Jack Vale is a writer from Happy Writers, Co. in partnership with silverware wholesaler Silver Superstore.