Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme: if Simon & Garfunkel had to include all our herbs in their song, it would take forever to sing!
Ken’s Gardens has more than 100 varieties to choose from.
not sure what you are looking for?
Herbs have a long cultural significance and history of being used for flavor and medicinal purposes around the globe. Although sometimes referred to as spices, herbs do not fall into that category. While both come from plants, herbs, on average, are the fresh or dried green, aromatic leaves of temperate plants.
Spices, however, come from the bark, root, seed, fruit, or stem of the plant that are then dried and crushed. There are exceptions, of course — bay leaves, while an herb, can behave more like a spice in the culinary world.
Ken’s Gardens has a large selection of herb plants for sale that will spice up your kitchen adventures. Herbs are vital for adding flavors and aromas, and having the convenience of fresh herbs at your fingertips will add delightful complexity to any dish.
In addition to individual plants, you’ll find a large selection of herb plants in mixed pots and planters for your deck, patio, or kitchen windowsill.
If you’re just getting started, try these five essentials with your cooking.
- Oregano: Has a bold, earthy flavor. Use with chicken, seafood, potatoes, and tomatoes.
- Rosemary: Has a woodsy, piney flavor. Use with chicken, pork, steak, fish, spinach, and onions.
- Parsley: Has a bright, slightly bitter, clean flavor. Use with fish, eggs, lentils, and most vegetables.
- Basil: Has a sweet, spicy flavor. Use with broccoli, rice, peas, white beans, and zucchini.
- Dill: Has a bright, slightly bitter, sweet flavor. Use with fish, yogurt, beets, cabbage, cucumber, and pumpkin.
“I bought a sweet pepper plant with just enough heat. Not only do they carry plants that aren’t at your big box garden centers, they provide opportunities to educate yourself. Great selection and helpful staff.”
“The staff was very friendly and took the time to explain what I needed to fix some bug/fungus issues my indoor plants were having.”
“Thrive. This is the perfect word for the plants I have gotten at Ken’s Gardens.”
GIVE THE GIFT OF GROWTH
Gift cards are available at all of our locations. Or, click below to email a gift card right to your favorite gardener!
SEE WHAT’S GROWING ON